ABC Nepal is a non-profit human rights organisation with a special focus on the trafficking of women and children for sexual exploitation. It was the first organisation in Nepal to bring attention to the issue of trade in humans and to work at raising awareness amongst various segments of society to this gross violation of human rights.
Their vision is to prevent the trafficking of women and children and to create a society free from violence and exploitation.
Their work includes:
• Raising awareness on the trafficking of girls for forced prostitution and HIV/AIDS
• Running education and awareness programmes in trafficking prone communities
• Providing skills training and create savings and credit cooperatives for women
• Running three transit homes for victims of trafficking, domestic violence, rape and other forms of displacement
• Providing formal and non-formal education for girls and women